Tuesday, September 4, 2007

5:30 Wake Up Call

My 3 year old alarm went off today at 5:30 in the morning. Graham declared he was awake and ready to go to preschool. I guess he did not get the memo that school did not start until 9:00. I have been preparing him for the past 2 weeks about returning to school with a new teacher and new room. He likes structure and routine and did not understand why he just could not have Ms. Liz and Ms. Jenny again for his teacher. I was also preparing myself to handle all the tears and crying that would ensue as I attempted to leave the room. He made quite a seen last year in the 2 year old room, so I was going to be ready this year...stay strong and walk away. But this year, my little man walked right into his room greeted his new teacher with a firm handshake and started his day with no tears, no crying, no needing Mommy. So instead, Mommy walked out the room silently crying wanting her little boy to need her just a little bit longer. 1st day of preschool

Already playing before I could get out of the door.

No comments: