Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Bye, Bye Babies


There are no more babies in my house. Today I had to put away the high chairs. Bryce and Layne refuse to sit in them. They want to be big girls and be in big chairs. Yesterday, I bought them both big girl panties. UGHHHH! I am so not ready for them to be out of diapers but they are ready. I know that sounds crazy. I should be jumping up and down with joy about all the money I will be saving, all the landfills that will have more room and no more changing table or Diaper Champ. But my heart hurts a little knowing that I will not have those things again. The next thing you know they will demand to be out of their cribs. I dread that day. A house with no cribs will send me over the mommy edge. At least they still have their pacis...

1 comment:

Candace Hickey said...

Ivy, the children are so cute! And big! I know you are bummed...I will feel the same way about our high chairs. Maybe not the diapers as it gets old changing 3 toddlers numerous times a day! :)
The vacation pictures are beautiful. Glad you were able to get away. Let's get together soon!