Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Macomb Madness part 2

The Carney Rides:
The best part of visiting is going to Heritage Days and spending every last penny riding rides. Graham is now tall enough to ride all the rides at this carnival. However, when Graham asked to ride this ride I said, "NO!" I rode that same ride 2 yrs ago with Jordyn and it was awful. It made me so sick so there was no way I wanted my 5 yr old child on it. But I was with the girls riding a roller coaster and Graham asked Brian and he said, "YES!" That is Graham at the top of this ride. I could barely watch...but when I saw his face hit the "bar" that was supposed to be protecting him I came unglued. I demanded they stop the ride and pulled him off that horrible ride. That is right. I was that mom screaming to stop the ride. Embarrassing yes but it had to be done! Graham had a bruise across the bridge of his nose from smacking the metal bar. 3 groups total got off when I took Graham off so I was not the only one concerned. The carny running the ride said, "This ain't no ferris wheel!"

This is more my speed for Graham. He loved the huge slides. He also enjoyed the haunted house.




Bryce and Layne were able to participate this year as well. The last time we came here the girls were only 1 and just strolled around in their strollers. This year they had a blast!


Bryce and Daddy right after flying down the slide.

The dynamic duo~ Jacob and Graham

Layne and Daddy right after the slide.


Graham and Jacob
The Parade:
One morning we headed to the local parade downtown. The kids were very excited at all the loot they would collect...CANDY!









Bowling:
One afternoon Brian and Granddad took the kids bowling, while I hung out with my cousin, Patty and my sister. The kids had a ball. Bryce and Layne have never been bowling before so they were beyond ecstatic to join in this time around.
Look at those happy faces. They are ready to bowl!





The end:
After several fun days in a small town, it was time to say goodbye and head back to the airport to make the 2 hour flight home.

No comments: