Tuesday, September 14, 2010

First Full Day of Pre K

This morning was the first official full day of Pre K in Singapore.  Of course, both girls decided to sleep in until 8:00 am.  I even had to wake up Layne.  They are just going to a local preschool that is in walking distance from the house that is if I ever feel the urge to walk to school.  It would probably take 15 minutes or so.  I, however, choose to drive.  I do not want to start my day dripping in perspiration!

Preschool is a little different here.  Once we arrive the girls take off their shoes and place them into cubbies outside of the school.  Next, they get their temperature taken and a sticker is placed on them revealing the temperature.  Then, they go to the HFM lady (hand, foot, mouth disease lady) and she checks all the kids for this apparently prevalent disease that runs rampant in Singapore that it requires a daily check.  Weird to me but oh, well!

Shoe cubby, lady taking temps and in the background HFM lady.
Here are the girls just stopping off for a quick picture.  The only reason they stopped was because the chairs were pink.  They really wanted to get up to their classroom.


This is the lead teacher Ms. Lilyanna.

So this morning as I drove home, I realized that no one cried, no one clung to me, no one asked when I would return.  They were happy to be there.  So I sit here on this rainy Singapore morning reflecting on what big girls I have now!  Before I know it they will be riding the SAS bus to Kindergarten...Graham has no idea how is school will change once his sisters are with him :)

No comments: