Saturday, October 22, 2011

and another month goes by...

Another month has zoomed by and I can not seem to keep this blog updated more often than once a month.  I hope to do better but honestly with the holidays looming around the corner I do not see that happening.

 Here are the latest happenings and events for the Doffing children...

The kids celebrated UN day at school at the end of September.  It is a huge event at their school.  The kids dress up in clothing that represents their country.  Their school is very diverse and see a wide range of costumes.  The parents also bring in dishes from their home country to share with the class.  I am pretty sure the parents enjoy the food more than the students!  Bryce requested lemonade, Layne wanted Mac and Cheese and Graham with no surprises wanted popcorn chicken. 

My biggest accomplishment that day was juggling 3 events at the same time.  Needless to say I was exhausted at the end of UN Day!







In early October Bryce needed to have bilateral hernia surgery.  It was just a day procedure but still anything that requires anesthesia is stressful.  Bryce was so brave and handled everything much better than her mommy did.  She just missed a couple of days of school.  I would say she bounced back rather quickly.  


 Pumpkins were plentiful this time around in Singapore.  They were scarce last year so the kids were excited to go to the Pumpkin Patch at school this year.  It is not quite the same as Texas but they still enjoyed picking out their pumpkins.






 After the pumpkin patch the girls and I rushed off to soccer for Layne.  Saturday mornings are packed these days but we always find the time for soccer. 

I hate to say it but I've turned into a soccer mom.  Layne may be the only American on her team and is the only girl so I am sure the other parents don't appreciated my enthusiasm for my little girl.  She.is.good! 
 So while, Layne was schooling those Singaporean boys in soccer, Bryce was on the hill modeling!

No comments: