The 2012-2013 school year has begun. Graham is entering his 3rd grade year and headed to the Intermediate School (IS) of Singapore American School (SAS). It is a whole new set of principals, teachers, counselors as well as special teachers. Graham will also start taking Mandarin daily instead of 2x a week. In the IS the teachers start cutting the cord per se and putting more and more responsibility on the child. As a former 3rd grade teacher, I get the teacher aspect of it all but it is different coming from the parent point of view. So far, Graham has been pretty responsible when it comes to school and homework in the past. Hopefully it continues!
 |
| First day |
Bryce and Layne are still in the Primary School(PS) at SAS but have entered 1st grade! I can hardly believe it. They started 2 days after him as we still do one to one teacher conferences before the PS kids start school. I love this aspect of SAS. It really lets the parents feel comfortable sending their little people off to school.
 |
| First Day |
 |
| Bryce, Graham and Layne! I love how they are so close to each other! |
 |
| Ms. Goldhammer and Bryce |
 |
| Ms. Woody and Layne |
 |
| Graham and Ms. Bissett |
No comments:
Post a Comment