Monday, October 29, 2012

It Really is GREAT.

 Great Wall of China
Reids and Doffings
The highlight of our trip to Beijing was visiting a part of the Great Wall of China.  It was about a 2 hour drive from our hotel.  Our Guide, Chen, was for informative and gave us lots of historical information about the wall.  It was quite a site when it first came into view.  Chen told us we were extremely lucky as we had perfect weather.  Apparently, blue skies are not the norm in Beijing.  The weather was cool, so that was a welcome change!
We took a short cable car ride up the mountain to the Great Wall.  Then it was up to us to determine how much walking we wanted to do.  I would guess we were on the wall for a couple of hours.  The kids were able to explore and learn a few historical facts.  I think they even had a good time doing it!


This was the steepest part of the wall.  Brian took Bryce and Graham up.  Layne did not want to attempt it.  I heard it was quite a workout.
There is Graham(yellow shirt) about to make his way up.

view from the top

Bryce and Brian made it! Graham was up and down the fastest.  So fast no pictures of him.  :)

Deep conversation about the making of the Wall...or are they discussing MineCraft?














Layne and I

Brian and Bryce

Kid Crew!
...to be continued...

No comments: