Day 2: We left our Estancia bright and early by boat and headed for Serrano Glacier and our campsite. The kids have been begging to camp. I am not an outdoorsy person. I like hotels. I want to be inside away from the elements but how often do you get to camp in southern Chile with glaciers in the distance. So, I agreed to camping for 2 nights. The kids loved it.
![]() |
| Waiting for our boat to pick us up. |
![]() |
| Beautiful waterfalls as we sailed to the glacier. |
![]() |
| Serrano Glacier |
| Hiking toward the glacier |
After the glacier we boarded a smaller boat called a Zodiac to head towards the place that we were going to eat lunch. We all choose the salmon for lunch and the kids devoured it. It was delicious. Our view from lunch was the Serrano glacier.

After lunch we all loaded back up onto the zodiac and then headed to our campsite on the Serrano River. The kids were more than excited to see where we would be sleeping over the next 2 nights.
| Smores were the highlight for Layne. |
Goodnight from Patagonia!
Next up: Torres Del Paine and Grey Glacier
















No comments:
Post a Comment