Monday, June 14, 2010

Singa what? Singapore.

Well, we have been here in Singapore for about a week. We are definitely still adjusting to life on an island on the complete opposite side of the world. Graham thinks he will find a treasure here since it is an island. Do you think he has seen one to many pirate adventures? Bryce keeps asking if we are still in Singapore everytime we leave the house. And sweet Layne is STARVING all the time since the food here is slightly different from our normal cuisine. But like I said, we are adjusting...how long can that take????

Our first night in Singapore we stayed in a hotel while we waited for our rented furniture to arrive at our house. All that planning ahead back in early May really paid off. NOT! Our stuff still is not here and I have no idea when it will get here. But I digress....

This is the view from the hotel.
Everything is so green and lush here. It is beyond beautiful. In order to get all this greenery there must be rain. We have had rain every.single.day since we arrived. It just rains in short increments and the sun shines again.




This is Cafe Iguana...A MEXICAN RESTAURANT 5 minutes walking distance from our place. We have not tried it yet but still surely I will be able to find something compareable. It was voted one of the 10 best places to watch the World Cup because of its "mind boggling" tequilas. I can't wait to try a margarita there!


After eating and drinking at Cafe Iguana you may want to work off those calories. Our condo has gym facilities OR you can work out right outside next to a relaxing water fall. My kids like to play on it!





or you can swim it off at the pool. I choose the pool as well.


If you want to cook at home we have a small grocery store named, Cold Storage, a 5 minute walk from our house as well. When I say small, I mean small. Check out the skinny aisles. On most occassions I doubt it would be a family affair but we were just checking out our surroundings. Grocery shopping on its own is worthy of its own blogpost. One day I will!
Here are the kids and a dog right in front of teh grocery store. DO you see the skinny entry way? I told you it was small.



When you cant find what you need at the grocery store, you can always head out to one of the many, many malls for a bite to eat. The kids chose Burger King while the adults preferred the local food.



That concludes the first week of Singapore. I left out a bunch of boring stuff like me learning how to drive on the opposite side of the road, our leak in the wall of our BRAND NNEW house, taxi rides, helpers, and on and on. I had to tease you a little to keep you coming back to the blog!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

That almost looks like Buzz!

April Grizzle said...

Glad you all made it safely. You are in my thoughts and prayers. Continue to keep blogging and I'll keep reading.