Thursday, November 18, 2010

Modge Podge

November is half over and I am not sure where it has all gone.  This is a busy time for everyone as the holidays approach.  For some reason I feel like the time will go by even faster as the new year comes upon us.

Graham had a field trip to Little India to celebrate Deepavalli~the Festival of Lights.  It was quite an experience.  The  students got to experience Indian food, Indian shops, a temple and the wet market.  It was a jammed pack day full of new experiences.
This is a view of the shops as you enter...CROWDED with people and items.

Graham and 2 of his classmates at the market.

Temple


While Graham was in Little India, my parents and the girls took a field trip of their own to the Botanical Gardens to feed the swans.  It was quite a hot day so we lasted until lunch time.  Then headed off the Chili's for a quick bite.  My parents flew half way around the world for Chili's!  Crazy, I know but the girls love it and so do I!



2 comments:

The Barnes Family said...

What's a wet market? That doesn't sound like a place for a first grade field trip.

Michelle said...

I saw Modge Podge and I thought for a sec you made a craft with Mod Podge. Ha!