The kids and I spent last Sunday at the Jurong Bird Park. This is our second trip to the park. I love going to the zoo and seeing the animals but this park is dedicated to birds.
Only.Birds. penguins, flamingos, parrots, macaws, hawks, owls, pelicans, and a whole slew of others. you get the picture. birds.
I find birds to be loud, unpredictable and basically smelly. But the kids asked to go so off we went.
Fortunately, as we walk through the bird park we do get to see beautiful scenery.
The kids just loved looking at all the lilly pads and trying to spy frogs leaping from pad to pad. They could hear the frogs croaking but no sightings.
We also rode the train around and the kids received bunny masks. Why bunny masks? It is the year of the bunny and we just celebrated Chinese New Year a few weeks ago.
Our first stop off the train was feeding the birds. Graham was excited about it. Bryce wanted to try it this time but Layne wanted nothing to do with feeding birds. She was afraid they would land on her head.
The kids really enjoyed the bridges throughout the canopy of the rainforest. We were lucky that it wasn't crowded yet because they just ran and played as if they had the bridges all to themselves.
The park also has a man made waterfall. It was beautiful. I really wanted a nice picture of the kids together. Looking at the picture below you can tell I did not get one.
I am not even sure what Graham is doing with his hands...











No comments:
Post a Comment