Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Disney on Ice

March 17, 2011

Bryce and Layne kicked off their term break from school to watch Disney on Ice.  They could not have been more excited.  This was their first time to see anything like this so it was fun watching them get ready and anticipate the show.


We went with Bryce and Layne's good friends here in Singapore, Katie and Riley.





In preparation for the show we had to have all the necessaties ie...Tinkerbell hats, popcorn, drinks, cotton candy and lots and lots of singing!

The show consisted of the basic Disney characters to introduce the 4 main events: Cars, Little Mermaid, Lion King and Tinkerbell. 

The only movie they had not see was the Lion King.  So I let them watch it the day before we went to the show.  I had seen the Lion King numerous times but some how I did not think my kids would react to the death of Simba's dad, as Bryce calls him the King Lion.  Lets just say there were tears from all 3 of my kids. Tears and lots of questions...Layne kept telling Bryce not to worry that there is always a happy ending in these kinds of movies and that the dad would be back.  Needless to say the movie opened up a dialogue on death for many days after watching the movie. 

But I digress, back to Disney on Ice!

I'm glad I let them watch the movie so that when they saw it at Disney on Ice they weren't so shocked by the death.

Of course, anyone that knows Bryce knows how much she loves the Little Mermaid.  She sang the songs at the top of her lungs.  The poor dad in front of her probably heard nothing but Bryce's sweet little voice the whole time.

Layne realizing the show is over...


No comments: