Monday, April 4, 2011

Basketball Basics

Graham has been playing basketball every Monday after school since January.  This is the first season he has shown interest in the sport.  As the weeks have ticked away you can definitely see an improvement in his skill level as well as his confidence.  It is set up a little different here as the number of kids in certain sports tend to be small compared to back home so the organization of the sport is often quite different from back home.
Here it is a combination of boys and girls as well as 1st and 2nd graders.  They typically spend the first 45 minutes on skills and drills and then the last 15 minutes scrimmaging. I would consider it more of a basketball school as there are not different teams or a set schedule of teams playing against each other. 

Last Monday they had skills and drills contest.

So today, was a day of all games. 
A pass to Graham

You can't see Graham but he just shot the ball and it went in!









These last shots were after Graham got home from school.  I have a new zoom lense so I thought I would try it out outside.  So far, I like it.  It helps that I love my models!
Graham

Graham and Austin

Layne

Bryce

No comments: