Thursday, June 12, 2008

Tonsils In, Tonsils Out

Today was the big day of removing Graham's tonsils and adnoids. He has been preparing himself for the last couple of weeks. He went in like a champ and did great as he waited for his turn. He did everything the nurses asked him to do.



This is Graham prior to his surgery.



This is him resting at home after his surgery. We were in and out of the surgery center in less than 3 hours. Right after waking up from the surgery he cried HARD for about 10 minutes then the morphine kicked in and he fell asleep in my arms for about 30 minutes. He slept most of the day. His sisters were very concerned about him and insisted on being with him in our bed. It was very sweet.
This is a stuffed star that the nurses gave him. It has not left his side since we got home.

We are very thankful that everything went smoothly today. I am hoping the rest of the recovery goes just as smoothly. Giving Graham all the medication has been the main challenge. He HATES it all. I have been negotiating and bribing to get him to take all 5 different medications. I will either be broke by the end of 10 days or he will just think of it as part of life but I don't want him screaming and crying and hurt his throat in the process of it all.




I am off to medicate...him not me but I may need it by the end of all this.


1 comment:

Michelle said...

I'm so glad he did well and hope he's doing well this weekend!