Friday, August 16, 2013

Journey to Lima,Peru

June 2013
 
Our journey to Lima, Peru potentially would have been the longest plane ride we as a family would have been on.  It could have been over 30 hours!  So we opted to stay a couple days in Houston, where grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins could help alleviate some of the jet lag.  Not to mention a tiny bit of shopping.

Overall, the kids did great on the plane ride over.  The kids were able to enjoy business class for the first time!  Graham now says he can never go back to economy again. 

Our stop in Houston was short and apparently, I never got out my camera!  All the pics are from my phone and there aren't many...

Uncle Roger with Bryce

The girls in their new dresses from their Godmother, Jill.
 Once we left Houston, we headed to Lima and stayed at a hotel until our things from Singapore arrived.  I will say that our things arrived much sooner than I anticipated.  It was a pleasant surprise.

Another big surprise was how COLD it is here in Lima.  It feels much colder than it actually is.  We definitely were not prepared for the cold weather.  3 years in the tropics of Singapore did not prepare us well for Winter in Peru.  I would compare the weather to San Francisco.  Cold and Gray and Misty. Apparently the sun rarely comes out in winter. 

Bryce, Graham and Layne in the hotel lobby.

The kids visiting our empty apartment.

Peruvian show at our hotel.


 According to the children the best part of the  hotel was the vents just outside the doors.  It provided much entertainment as we waited to be be picked up or walk anywhere.  They loved the windblown look.



On Father's Day we took a walk down to Larco Mar which is a very touristy place to go in Mira Flores.  There was a park the kids could play in and it was nice to get out and see a bit of the city.



Traffic in Lima~ it is a free for all here.  I don't know if I will ever drive here.

My Singapore friends sent me a plant as a house warming when we moved in to our place.  PS  I love my kitchen.

Kids at Daddy's office.


They spend alot of time together!
 After about 3 weeks in Peru, the kids and I decided to spend the month of July in Texas.  Brian would join us later in the month.  So we packed up and headed to Houston.  The flight was a 2:00 am flight so needless to say the kids all feel asleep on the way to the airport.   Graham was the only one who had trouble staying awake while we waited for our flight!  Brian surprised us with business seats since I was traveling alone with the kids.  Needless to say American Airlines business class was nothing compared to United or Singapore Airlines.  My kids just kept asking where the "beds" were and why wasn't there a TV?  Secretly, I wondered the same thing.  SPOILED.  ROTTEN.




Kids slept the entire plane ride to Houston.  Just about a 7 hour flight.  One of the best parts of living in Peru is that now when we fly to Texas  NO JET LAG!

No comments: