June 6, 2013
3 years almost to the day. It is hard to believe 3 years went by as fast as it did. I can still remember the whole journey over to
Singapore. I look back at the
pictures and think, how young everyone looks! It really has been an invaluable experience living in Asia. I am glad we were able to provide these experiences for our family. But beyond the traveling and sightseeing that we have done while living in Singapore, it is the lasting friendships that we all have made that will leave the biggest impact and imprint on our hearts.
The everyday life.
friends.
routines.
our helper. :)
school.
the norm.
Those are the things that I will miss most about Singapore. And as I reflect back those are the exact same things I miss about my Texas home as well. Hopefully after all our overseas experiences my children will be able to say that they have built lasting friendships all over the world. I know I already have.
Farewell, Singapore. Thank you for being our home for 3 years.
 |
| Din Tai Fung~ My favorite place to stuff my face with dumplings. |
 |
| Graham's last field day at SAS with Cameron. |
 |
| Bryce's last play rehearsal |
 |
| Layne at her friend's birthday party. |
 |
| Farewell drinks |
 |
| My Hillcrest friends |
 |
| Last day in School Uniforms! |
 |
| Bryce saying good bye to Avalanche. |
 |
| The girls spending pool time at our serviced apartment at the Shangri La. |
|
|
|
The boys would not be still long enough to take any pictures!
 |
| Last movie in Singapore...Epic! |
 |
| Last day at the bus stop! |
 |
| Layne with the other classmates that are leaving Singapore and their principal. |
 |
| Pool time~ one last night swim! |
Finally, on our last night we spent it with our friends. We were able to leave on a high note and enjoy our time with the people that made Singapore home.
 |
| Lauren, Layne and Katie |
 |
| Madeleine, Bryce and Kaitlin |
 |
| Austin, Cameron and Graham |
Our flight back to Texas was a 7 am flight and our luggage was quite a bit lighter than when we
arrived and our carry on definitely lighter.
 |
| Last pic in Changi Airport! |
No comments:
Post a Comment